Revision as of 00:06, 19 May 2009 by Vinipsmaker
On May 18, 2009, VinIPSmaker wrote:
- When will the development start?
- Are there any chance of devlopment start when the Theora 1.1 finish?
On May 10, 2009, VinIPSmaker wrote:
- MNG compression is better than APNG compression. MNG can be lossless (using PNG) and lossy (JNG - JPEG with alpha channel).
- We don't need the backward-compatibility. I prefer the use of MNG instead APNG in ogg and other media containers.
- APNG could be a transitional image format for browsers even them support MNG.
On January 29, 2008, under Implementation Notes, wrote:
- Because of OggSpots, an extra presentational format for presentation slide-like stuff isn't needed
- In a presentation, you can also just pause the presentation, video for showing things.
On August 9, 2005, under Further Speculation, Sayoshant wrote:
- Some people, including staff members of Mozilla, believe MNG should be replaced by APNG, a superset extension of PNG with multi-image support, but that should still be backwards-compatibility.
- I, non-Xiph member, wonder on other hand if OggMNG should become OggAPNG or actually keep the project as MNG.