I have downloaded some files with the extension .ogv
This article seems to be about that but no help in telling me how I can play the file.
Do I copy to a DVD and try to play it in the DVD player?
Can I convert it?
Do I need to install another OS?
- This is not a forum. You should look into our mailing lists for help. Anyway, .ogv is just the extension for Ogg video, which means you can play it in WMP if you have the right codecs, or in VLC without installing anything else. Look into this article if you need more information or help with other applications.--Ivo 10:30, 10 June 2008 (PDT)
- .ogv problem
- No problem ... .OGV is the __solution__ for the problem with proprietary video codec mess ;-)
- > I have downloaded some files with the extension .ogv
- > This article seems to be about that
- > but no help in telling me how I can play the file.
- > Do I copy to a DVD and try to play it in the DVD player?
- > Can I convert it?
- It's possible, but pointless, OGV is already the preferred free video format.
- > Do I need to install another OS?
- No need __because__ of OGV ... but you __can__ at any time. ;-) DOS386 14:34, 10 June 2008 (PDT)